Saturday 4 August 2012

Team pursuit

That was a one off. On the site where I first raced my bike I stood and watched four men drive a crowd in a way I have never experienced before. Music, drama and the arts can move, but not a whole crowd like those four young people did this evening. The volume,the intensity and the passion were all there in floods. Excitement and happiness oozed out of every pore of every one of us. Thursday was good, but the drama lasted only 40 odd seconds and it was over in a blink. Last night we were treated to just under four minutes of world record breaking drama.

On a side note a little thing I did which made me feel good. Before the race started I was standing in a place were an officious games maker kept on moving people on. A more than your jobs worth kind of bloke. Whilst stading there I noticed an Australian man trying to get a decent place to watch the race and the officious games maker was telling him to move on. So I offered up my place to which the Aussie said thanks. Then he followed it up saying his son was racing in the Aussie team. I've taken his photo and email address and I'm sure that this is just the start of the story as I will email him and hopefully find out more.

 

2 comments:

  1. James it has been an amazing day of sport and you should be so proud to have got of your backside and become part of it. Well done mate. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how electric the games are. I'm completely engrossed and am either going to miss it when I'm in Corfu this week or find a suitable cafe/bar to sit in everyday and abandon the family! Maybe I better find a compromise, but there's no way I'm missing the MTb or BMX events this week.

    ReplyDelete