Tuesday 31 July 2012

My journey

Now that I have things more sussed I have worked out the best way to get from the campsite into the Olympic park and it is adding to the positive experience that I am having. Once I have crossed the busy A10 I can pick up the lee valley cycle path where I quickly enter into another world away from the concrete jungle and bustle of the London road network.

There are very few other people around early in the morning and not many more in the evening. Given there are so many people living within spitting distance it seems strange to me that it's not more crowded.

 

 

 

 

 
 
I've been lucky so far with the weather going into the park. A couple of mornings have been bright and clear. If I am working on an early shift then the sun is just rising as I leave the campsite at 5:30.
All the pictures have been taken whilst riding my bike and are snapshots of my view of the day. Hopefulyouths give an idea of how nice the lee valley is.
One sad piece of news is that a fellow cyclist was killed yesterday just outside the Olympic park by a bus.
NB this is work in progress and I will update it as I get time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment